Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Torn

This morning as I was running on the treadmill and planning my day, I felt torn. On one hand I just started a really good book. Once I start a book I always have a hard time putting it down and usually the rest of my life is put on hold until I have finished it. Using all my powers of self-control, I actually closed the book last night at a reasonable hour and went to bed. I really want to finish this book, it is calling my name! (The Soloist by Steve Lopez) On the other hand, I have been waiting for two weeks for my new wheat grinder to arrive (which it did yesterday afternoon) and I really would like to make some bread so I can play with my new toy. What did I choose?





This is my new wheat grinder. It works magnificently, although it sounds like an airplane taking off.



I had some hindrance help.



This is the warm bread right out of the oven....can you smell it??





Yummmmm!!






One loaf is already gone.



My sister is the one who provided me with the recipe and the inspiration to become a bread maker. She got the recipe from my mom, who got the recipe from her mom. It is only fitting that I join the ranks. Plus, I am trying to only buy food storage that I use. My goal is to get my family hooked on homemade bread so that I can actually use the wheat that occupies a corner in our garage. Wish me luck!


Now that the bread is baked, I think I have time for a couple of chapters.

3 comments:

  1. The bread looks awesome! I'm way jealous.

    I finished The Soloist today (on the treadmill. But I was only walking. But, because my brain was diverted, I could stand to walk longer.. And I bribed myself and told myself I could only read it if I was walking. It was a good motivator.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decided to stock Twinkies instead of wheat. They last forever and I don't have to grind anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you knock-it-off! You are setting the bar for an awsome house wife way to high.

    ReplyDelete