Monday, February 9, 2009

Sunday Nap


We survived the stomach flu...I was prepared for many more to get it, but so far we have contained it to just one casualty. The hard part about the stomach flu and little kids is that their little stomachs feel queasy for days, even after they are better. I have had a couple of all- nighters (my term for when I'm up every hour of the night) because of his queasy stomach threatening to erupt, but never actually doing so. I will be glad when stomach flu season is past.


Our youngest has also started the lovely stage of having nightmares. For the past couple of nights he has woken up yelling and crying and very, very angry. He is inconsolable for several minutes and eventually goes back to sleep, but it's another story for me. I'm up hearing every noise, listening for his next frightmare...I caught little bits of his dream a couple nights ago. It had something to do with someone taking his fruit snack!


I haven't had very restful sleep the past week so yesterday I took the opportunity to have a Sunday afternoon nap....oh heaven!! We have 9:00 church which leaves plenty of time for a nice soothing slumber. It was sooo nice. I won't tell you how long I slept because it was embarrassingly long, but I will tell you that I slept through a 4:00 presidency meeting. I feel rested today even though our youngest was up twice with more bad dreams...I hope he grows out of those soon. I'm already looking forward to next Sunday's nap!!

2 comments:

  1. Uh. Speaking as a dieter. I would be VERY upset if someone took my fruit snack. Sounds like a HORRIBLE nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the youngest has hold of his brother's ear!

    ReplyDelete