Friday, February 20, 2009

Bursting Buttons

My husband doesn't care much about blogging. He does read my blog when I ask him for some feedback, to which his coined response is "Very nice." I'm not sure if it is honest feedback or just what he says to satisfy me so he can get back to whatever he is doing...anyway, that's not my point. My point is that he has actually been asking me to blog about something. He is just so proud, his buttons are bursting. So I'm going to write this post on his behalf. Here goes!



This past weekend our two oldest attending a shooting clinic. They attended all day Saturday and all day Monday. It was taught by a lady who has coached at the Olympic Training Center so she really knows how to teach. Over those two days they learned so much. The boys (and their Dad) soaked in every bit of information they could.

By the end of the clinic, our second oldest had earned the title of most improved by increasing his score 77 points. He won an ammunition case.



Our oldest won a sharpshooter contest by having the tightest grouping on a very small target (a playing card). He won a book by Lanny Bassham, an Olympic champion, about the mental side of shooting.




I don't know who came back from the clinic more jazzed about this sport...the boys or their Dad. It really is fun to see how quickly they are improving.

Their Dad is soooo proud!





2 comments:

  1. I'm Lanny Bassham's daughter and I was just working on his blog today when I was sent a google alert with Lanny's name that lead me to your blog.

    Congrats to your son on winning his own copy of "With Winning in Mind" that's very cool - tell both of them to keep up the good work! Hope you all enjoy the book. Let us know what you think of the book and keep us posted on their success! Heather info@mentalmanagement.com www.mentalmanagement.com

    ReplyDelete