Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Holey Knees


Three of our five kids must have sharp knees...a genetic defect, maybe? They each have only two or three pairs of jeans that don't have some kind of hole ripped in them. All the rest are torn, shredded, or thinning just like a balding man. Each of them started the school year with a sufficient amount of jeans, but here we are with just over a month of winter left and I have a dilemma: Buy them new jeans now which will get worn for only a couple of months and then will get shoved to the back of the drawer in favor of shorts....OR let them wear their holey jeans to school and endure the "orphan Annie" look (I think I just dated myself) that just drives me crazy. (The kids have no problem with this, in fact, I think it is in style to have worn, shaggy clothing...) I would buy new jeans, but they will get worn 5 times and then they will be too small by the time jeans are needed when school restarts. What to do????? Maybe I will invent a pumice rub for sharp-knees.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to picture what sharp knees would look like. Edward Scissorknees, perhaps?

    I believe my boys suffer from the same problem.

    ReplyDelete