Monday, February 2, 2009

Our Favorite Chili


I have had a couple of requests for my chili recipe. I have to warn you that I don't use measuring cups when I make this, I usually just pour until it looks right and tastes good, so some of the measurements are an estimate...


Our Favorite Chili


2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 large cans chili beans
1/2-3/4 c. ketchup
1/2-3/4 c. bbq sauce (we like KC Masterpiece original)
2-4 T. Chipotle Tabasco sauce (depending on how hot you like it)
1 ½ t. chili powder
1 t. pepper
1 t. salt
1-2 T. sugar

Sautee onions and brown ground beef. Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream. We also love to eat it with Saltine crackers. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You and Mom, not measuring!
    I'm going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! And will hope my attempt turns out as good as your. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete