Thursday, February 12, 2009

Procrastination

I have a horrifying case of procrastination to share with you.


You know those projects that you know must get done, but the mere thought of tackling said project makes you shudder and put it off for even longer? Well, for the past two days I have taken on such a project and I am pleased to report that it is nearly finished. What have I been up to??

I have taken on the task of updating our 72 hour kit backpacks. This really hasn't been that hard, just a matter of updating clothing and rotating food items. These kind of projects never are that hard once I get started, it's just the getting started that is agonizingly difficult.




And to illustrate how difficult that starting has been....I will share some embarrassing statistics. The clothing I replaced for our oldest were 6 sizes bigger than the ones that were there. The clothing that was packed for me was of the large, loose, baggy variety (otherwise known as maternity). Also, I was able to directly exchange the clothing I had for our 9-year old into our 4-year old's kit.

That, my friends, is procrastination!! I read somewhere that I ought to go through and exchange clothing items every 6 months. I think revisiting this project in 1 year is more realistic...but don't count on it.

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed! What do you used for food in your kits? I have some jerky, dried apples and nuts in ours. Better than nothing but I'm sure it would leave the kids hungry.

    ReplyDelete