Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Confess!

I have a confession to make: I HATE changing bedding. It is my number one least favorite household chore...that includes cleaning toilets...and there are five aim-impaired boys/man in our house (okay, one is still in diapers, but five sounds worse than four). Yep, I would rather clean dirty toilets than strip down, wash, and then redress the six beds in this home.


I have spent the greater part of this day doing said chore and I am still waiting on two batches of bedding to finish their cycle.


Why do I detest it so badly?
Maybe it's because after I finish tackling the beds, I am sweating so profusely that it feels like I need to shower again.
Maybe it's because I have sore fingers from trying to get the sheets tucked in on the bed while I'm sitting on the mattress (the dilemma of the bed against a wall-I get to tackle two of those.)
Maybe it's because I have a huge bruise on my head from smacking it against the ceiling downstairs (top bunk).
Maybe it's because I'm the only one who notices/appreciates clean bedding.
Maybe it's because it takes all. day. long. to finish this chore.
Okay, I'm done ranting! I do feel a little better. Maybe. But my head still hurts.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly why I hate bunk beds so much. I'm the mean mom who makes Heidyn and Lauren (bunk bed buddies) make their own beds. I've decided I don't care what it looks like as long as the mattress is covered and I can tuck them in at night. It has saved me lots of bumped heads and sore toes (from standing on the edge of the bottom bunk to reach the far corners of the top).

    ReplyDelete