Saturday, January 31, 2009

Girls' Night Out



I love my husband's family. They are a great bunch of people and I really enjoy spending time with them. Not only are there some great men in this family (I'm quite fond of one in particular), but there are also some great women. These women are people that anyone could look up to or be friends with...I feel in fine company when I'm around them. These women have an inborn sense of equality and fairness. With such a trait, they are great at planning and making sure that the women of the family on occasion get to enjoy a night out on the town(without children). The men step up quite valiantly and take over babysitting and dinner preparation (my kids enjoyed a carefully prepared dinner of cold cereal) to make such an event possible. Last night was such an occasion and I have to tell you it was just so fun. I came home with a fresh perspective, an appreciation for the arts, and a renewed sense of camaraderie. Based on our fun last night, I have come up with a recipe for a successful girls' night out:




Ingredients




*Good food (We ate at Paradise Cafe in American Fork. Gourmet soups, salads, and sandwiches...absolutely delicious!)


*Ample time to talk (We had to drive to SLC and back which gave us lots of conversation time)


*Entertainment (We went and watched an exciting performance of Lord of the Dance at Kingsbury Hall)


*No children or men (It wouldn't be Girls' Night if either tagged along)




Combine: ample time to talk with no children or men and set them aside.Then take good food and fold it gently into the mixture. Last, add entertainment and you will have a bunch of smiling women in no time at all!




I had such a fun time, I cannot wait until the next girls' night out!






3 comments:

  1. ooooh, men in tights!!!
    I'm glad you were able to go and have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't want to read this one :( but as soon as I started, I couldn't stop! I miss you guys and want to be there for the girls night outs. Hopefully you guys talked about me though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would have been even more fun if you were here!! I'll fill you in next week...hope you guys are still able to come!!

    ReplyDelete