Tuesday, January 6, 2009

If I Close My Eyes, I'm There

Today it snowed, all day. I like snow...it's fun to play in, beautiful how it makes everything look majestic and still, but it can also be a pain. Driving is treacherous, bundling up kids (my least favorite half hour project) takes much too long, and I feel trapped a lot of the time...confined to my warm, safe home which feels way too small when the kids try to play tag or football inside.


To help myself escape this (self-imposed) captivity, I have been daydreaming...these are two places I would love to be. The one on the top, an invitingly empty picnic table on the beach at Hanalei Bay on Kauai's North Shore. I can imagine breakfast on the beach watching the sunrise. Or I would happily be at Ke'e Beach, also in Kauai, snorkeling in the shadows of the serene Na Pali Coast. This beach has an incredible reef full of brilliant ocean creatures...an amazing new world to discover underneath the gentle waves.



The sun, the sand, the warm breeze coming off the bay....I am there!! Anyone want to join me???

3 comments:

  1. ahhhh, hawaii!!

    thank goodness for pictures -- they take you right back.

    does that make sense? I hope so. If it doesn't, I'm sorry. I guess my brain is not fully engaged yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... Hawaii's okay... if you like that kind of relaxation and contentment.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... Kauai. My absolute favorite place on earth. Thank you for thoughts of better times during this cold winter day.

    ReplyDelete