Friday, January 23, 2009

Translation, Please.




Our youngest can be the sweetest, loving toddler ever. He can also be a bit of a bully. After he finally started talking, we noticed a decrease in his aggressive behavior. We then decided that a lot of his aggression was probably just frustration from not being able to communicate. In the last month or so his vocabulary has exploded and he is picking up multiple new words everyday...for an example, see "Our Sponge". This is wonderful and exciting (especially when the words he learns are socially acceptable), but I am feeling some anxiety since I can't always figure out what he is saying!! He doesn't give up either, he just repeats the phrase over and over until I can figure it out. This morning he wanted to play with the Star Wars figures. "Sarwers, peas, Mom!" Over and over again. It took me several tries, but I finally figured out that he was asking nicely to play with the Star Wars toys. Sometimes, I can't understand, though. If you see a surge in my aggressive behavior, just know that I might be a little frustrated, but I will eventually grow out of it!

6 comments:

  1. Yea! I'm so glad you have a blog. Your pictures are so cute! I think it'll be a lot of fun to be surrounded by all of these boys and Kylie definitely likes being the only girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to know that even the parents struggle..I thought it was some unwritten thing that Mom's everywhere always know what their kids are saying, and the rest of us are left thinking..HUH?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little boy! I found your blog on a comment on Val's blog and found yours. I would love to see pics of your kids regularly. Can I link your blog to mine?

    Bobbie http://rknblmurphyfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete