Monday, January 26, 2009

Hobby Help



My husband, whom I completely adore, loves hunting! He anticipates his next outing months and, sometimes, years in advance.

He has more camouflage than street clothes. Cabelas is a biweekly destination and gun purchases are becoming more frequent than full moons. Range finders, scopes, animal calls, and gun stocks are as easy to find in our home as pine cones under a pine tree.


What's the problem, you may ask? We have four boys, two of which are approaching legal hunting age limits. I foresee that every aspect of this hunting hobby is going to multiply with each son. Soon we will be overrun with camouflage, firearms, and every vacation we take will be planned around or linked to a hunting adventure.


I have a choice to make. Should I join in and become the mighty huntress so that I am not left out of the fun....or.....should I find a hobby that is equal in cost, time consumption, and has a comparable amount of accessories??


I do enjoy photography...there is potential there. I also enjoy running...that one might be a stretch, but I could probably do it. Maybe I should take up traveling. My destinations will be alphabetical, starting with "A." How about Athens to begin with! Or maybe Australia.




Hmmmmm. This will take some planning and postulating, but mark my words, I will come up with a comparable hobby.........or I will become the second largest camouflage wardrobe owner in this household! Time will tell all. Well, enough ranting, I have to hurry and get my son over to the high school gymnasium. What for, you ask? Hunter's Education...of course.

6 comments:

  1. You are so lucky that your awesome husband will let you buy all that camo and camo accessories! By the way what caliber do you need me to buy for OUR trip deer hunting in Wyoming this November? .257 Roberts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a man, I would want you as my wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!! Take control of your hobbies!! Hehe. I'll back you up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure SOMEONE could find SOMETHING to shoot anywhere you decide to vacation -- so it's totally a win/win situation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhm... I think you'd look great in Cammo, but I am all for Athens or Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to find out what you do..the traveling..photography, or if you just join in and wear camo.

    ReplyDelete