Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Oregon Trip Part II

A big part of our fun with our Roseburg cousins was bedtime!

10 cousins and endless combinations of who gets to sleep next to who...plus...my sister and her husband set up their tent trailer outside as another "room" for cousins to stay up late in sharing scary stories!


My brother-in-law was really nice and stayed up late every night with the tent trailer gang so they wouldn't be outside alone.


I don't know how much sleeping took place, but I know that I heard lots and lots of giggling.



We also spent several fun hours at the park!


Slides...

more slides,




climbing towers,


climbing trees,

and the big highlight for our second oldest......



playing fetch with Perry, my sister's very fun dog.



Running right through the town of Roseburg is the Umpqua River. I ran next to it and over it every morning on my run...but it was even more fun to...


swim in it!
Initially it felt quite cold,


but with 95 degree weather it was perfect!

We had fun in the mud,



fun making mud art,

and fun smearing the mud.




We found treasures,




tried to catch fish,


we even found a couple crawdads (they might have been dead, but they were still cool).



We made little rivers and then...


the more adventurous kids swam across the big river.



It was quite a ways across and the current was faster than they thought, but....



the river was still conquered!!!



We had a fabulous day at the river! I really enjoyed spending time with my sister. She and I are a lot alike and we had a fun time visiting and watching our kids play together.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I always loved staying up late with cousins...especially to tell scary stories.

    ReplyDelete