Monday, August 9, 2010

Oregon Trip Part I

We have been home a week and a half now and I finally have a minute to sit down and record our fun, fun trip. We spent 10 glorious days in Oregon during the last two weeks of July and we loved every minute of it.


The first leg of our journey was the 800+ miles to Roseburg, Oregon where my sister and her family live. We ventured through Nevada and then up through southern Oregon...14 hours later we finally arrived.


Everyone warned me that Nevada would be boring, and it was...but I also found a simple beauty to it...it wasn't busy, it was plain and somewhat dignified-like an old farmer with a story to tell.




The roads were also very empty which made for easy traveling, but I also did a little worrying- if we did get stranded on the way would anyone ever find us? When we crossed the border into Oregon it was like I was instantly home...gorgeous pine trees and a small river following the highway...mountain lakes and volcanic landscapes. I love Oregon!!



When we arrived at my sister's house, we were met by cousins and got a tour of their beautiful home.







I was so so tired and I couldn't sit down without feeling like everything was still rushing by me...is it possible to get motion-sickness from being in a car all day???








The kids figured out who was sleeping where and with who...I was so tired I couldn't even think...sleep finally came and the next day we were ready for fun!!!










We headed to the Wildlife Safari...an awesome drive-thru adventure where we got to see animals from every continent...up close!







Some animals we drove so close to that we could have reached out and touched them...






and we did get some good whiffs of authentic wildlife animal odors!



At the end of the driving adventure we got to go through a zoo-like section with smaller animals.













We got to pet, feed, and even got some hands-on farmer training!


Our wildlife adventure's cherry-on-top was a train ride through some animal habitats.



What a day!!! So much fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. "is it possible to get motion-sickness from being in a car all day???" Yes!

    Sounds like you guys had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete