Friday, April 10, 2009

Dear Spring



Dear Spring,
Welcome! I am so relieved that you have arrived safe and sound. I know that your journey can be quite turbulent with many unexpected layovers. I must admit that I was quite impatient with you and, yes, even cross in my last correspondence. I do apologize. You were definitely worth the wait.




My children are spending hours outside. Their cheeks are red with kisses from the sun. We have been enjoying the sounds of chirping birds as we wake up each morning. Thanks to your rain showers our brown grass is turning to a rich green. I am so excited to see the flowers in my flower bed bloom...some are getting quite close. Yesterday I spent several hours making 15 pairs of holey jeans into summer shorts. My kids were thrilled and even wore them today despite the crisp morning breeze. I pulled a pair of capris out from the back corner of my closet today. Easter is just a couple days away and we are excited to have our annual egg hunt outside.


I guess what I'm trying to say is: Thank you for coming. You are loved and appreciated!!

1 comment:

  1. 15 pairs of jeans! you were very busy.

    I love hearing the birds outside too.

    ReplyDelete