Friday, April 24, 2009

Strawberry Jam

Strawberries were on sale today at our local grocery store so I bought a bunch and made some jam. I had so much fun! Not because jam-making is particularly exciting, but because of the memories I relived while I was making the jam.


About nine years ago my Mom, my Grandma, and I had a grand jam-making day. We made peach jam, apricot jam, and strawberry jam. There was not a bowl, spoon, or inch of the floor that wasn't sticky by the end of the day and we made something like 55 pints. It was my first time making jam and so both Mom and Grandma taught me the art. It was an adventure and every time I make jam I can hear them talking and laughing and I can see them clad in aprons, armed with measuring cups and wooden spoons.


It is one of my most treasured memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment