Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Turkey Hunt


Pheww!! I can finally breathe! It has been a race to the finish to get ready for the annual turkey hunt this year. After many, many hours of work, they are finally ready to go. I have been busy with laundry, shopping, packing, and searching. The searching part isn't always the funnest, but is a fact of life so I have learned to deal with it. "Where is my pocket knife...flash light...camouflage gloves...hunting boots...turkey call...binoculars?" "Mom, I can't find my wool socks or my belt...the one that is brown, not black!!"

This year's hunt is forecast to be snowy, rainy, and cold so new camouflage that is also waterproof was on the shopping list this year. The camouflage did cost a small fortune, but our boys will be warm and dry in spite of the weather. Our second oldest is especially excited since this will be his first year that he can bag a turkey by himself.

They are headed to Wyoming and South Dakota and will be gone for a week. I'm sure that they will return home with stories and adventures!




No comments:

Post a Comment