Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Unwelcome Visit



Dr. Jekyll came to visit today.



He somehow mysteriously took over the mom of this household and she has been absolutely intolerable. I should know...I have been the one watching my grumpy behavior and hearing everything that I have said/yelled today and wondered when this unwelcome visitor will leave.


I wish I could blame my grumpiness on a chemical elixir, but then I may become some poor fifth-grader's science fair project. I could blame my foul mood on my back which has declared mutiny and is pinching several bundles of nerves going down my right leg. Or I could blame it on Spring's wimpish attempts to stand up to Winter this week...making me feel trapped in my house yet again. My husband would say that the culprits are those female hormones that surge monthly in momtherunner and this is just routine. My kids might say that my grumpiness is actually suppressed excitement at the chance to head down to the Land of Constant Sun (aka St. George) this weekend for a nephew's priesthood ordination.


No, I don't think any of those explanations will do. It's gotta be Dr. Jekyll. I wish he would pack his bags and leave. He really is not welcome here.

3 comments:

  1. some days (weeks) are just Dr. Jekyll times. hang in there! I hope your back starts feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he must have stopped at my house as well...only he's been here for a couple months and I sure wish he would leave (and so does my family). Hopefully once taxes are done I can return back to normal...a little sunshine probably wouldn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are headed to the land of perpetual sun as well this weekend. Maybe we'll see you at the Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete