Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mabel

Let me introduce you to our awesome neighbor, Mabel.  

She is my role model and my friend.  Approaching 90, she keeps pace with anyone I know, but more impressive than her busy schedule is her example of service and kindness to all she interacts with. Mabel has taken us under her wing this last summer and taught us the art of gardening.  In the process, I learned much, much more!  Mabel has taught me what it means to love thy neighbor.  She truly does reach out to all she meets, she is sensitive to the promptings of the Spirit; she is brave and bold and patient.  She is gentle and kind.  She knows what is most important and spends her time and efforts doing things that matter.  I wish all the people in this world had a neighbor like Mabel.  It is my hope to be like her.  I am so grateful that she is our neighbor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment