Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Visit from My Parents

Prior to and during our week of Summer Games my parents came down from Oregon to visit.


They had several reasons for coming: to meet with and discuss wedding plans with my sister's future in-laws, visit with their siblings and mothers, to attend the ordination, to help my sister get her wisdom teeth pulled, and to attend a family reunion....and of course to see us too!



It was pretty neat that they were able to get so much done in one trip!



My poor sister had to have three wisdom teeth pulled. It went fairly well. Other than struggling with nausea for a couple of days, she really healed quickly and only looked like a chipmunk for a day or two.



My kids love to visit with my parents. Grandma is a fantastic listener and makes each of her grand kids feel important, special, and capable.



They brought with them my sister's wedding dress and we all oohed and aahed as she modeled it for us. The meeting with the future in-laws was productive as well.





The kids loved helping Grandma and Grandpa set up their beds!



Our youngest thinks all of Grandpa's gadgets and tools are the coolest things ever! Poor Grandpa was a real sport and was pestered, followed around, and mimicked all week.




It was really special for me to go to my Dad's side of the family, family reunion. I really come from amazing ancestors. It was neat to hear him read the testimony of his Grandma Christensen.




Grandma helped the kids plant a winter squash seed on the deck. It is huge now!! They faithfully water it every day!



Grandma is the funnest game-player ever and she endured dozens of games of hearts, spoons, speed, and old-maid. We loved having them visit and can't wait to see them again next month for my sister's wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah, Jana, for such fun pictures and stories! I just love it! I'm so glad the boys had a great scout camp--jumping into that pool looks really fun/scary!! The fish were great! I just love your blog--it makes me so happy to see everyone going forward! Thank you so very much! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete