Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sunday Shoes

Our youngest outgrew these Sunday shoes a couple months ago. They were pretty tight on his feet and finally became too uncomfortable for him. I was a little reluctant to let them go because all of my boys have worn them. We bought them for my oldest when he was 3 and each of our boys in turn has worn them.




I heard somewhere that rather than hold onto these little keepsakes, just take a picture. So I did, and then I passed them on since they still have a lot of wear left. I tried to think about why these little shoes mean so much to me and I guess it is because of what they represent: four brothers walking in each others' footsteps. I am grateful to have an oldest son who is such a great example! I hope that he continues to walk a good path for his brothers to follow...and I hope that they each follow the path of the one ahead of them and realize that they are blazing the way for the one behind. A Mother's hopes and dreams...from a little pair of shoes.

2 comments: