Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Glasses!

Last year our daughter complained that she couldn't see the chalkboard very well in class. Several of her friends had just gotten glasses and as one who pays close attention to trends, I just thought she was trying to fit in with her friends. So I let it go and figured if she really couldn't see, she would mention it again. A few days passed and it seemed to have passed.


Fast forward to this year and I received a note home from the school nurse saying that she hadn't passed the routine eye exam. Hmmm. Still a little doubting, I took her into the optometrist to settle it once and for all. Results were definitive: she does need glasses! Fortunately, her eyes aren't bad enough to wear them full-time and she only needs to wear them in a classroom setting. When it came time to pick out her frames she chose a very cute trendy style...not a surprise at all! She looks very cute and has really enjoyed being able to see!

2 comments:

  1. Yah for your lovely daughter--she's joined the ranks of the "in-crowd" of the Cooke family! Darling glasses, my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them a lot! She looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete