Friday, June 1, 2012

Parent & Junior Night at the Range

Parent and Junior night at the indoor range was an eye-opening experience for me!

Each junior shooter got to pair up with a parent and shoot in a match together. 


 The junior was in charge of coaching their parent...some of us needed lots and lots of coaching!!!

 Our second oldest paired up with his Dad.

 And our oldest got me, a true novice to precision shooting.  It is different than I thought it would be.  It's not like sighting in a hunting rifle!  

 It's really quite hard.  The slightest movement of a toe, the positioning of the gun into your shoulder, even just breathing...all require a precise combination to get a steady hold on the bull...which by the way, needed to be twice as big for me!  Our oldest was very patient with me and was a great teacher, but I'm afraid that my shooting pulled our score down quite aways.  And I had no idea how physically demanding it was...I was sore for 2 days afterwards...like I had done a bunch of pull-ups and push-ups.

 This mother/daughter combo stole the show.  Of course, they are both accomplished precision shooters, so we really didn't have much of a chance!

 Our cute cousin, Tanner, paired up with one of the coaches and posted a very competitive score!

 The first place gang...with a few hopefuls!

And the second place combo!  Way to go Tan!  I would like to point out that I didn't come in last....AND, I outshot my hubby by 1 point!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment