Monday, June 4, 2012

End of Year Showcase/Last Dance Competition

On May 5th, our daughter competed in her last dance competition of this season.

 Her dance studio did a great job, as always.

 She has really enjoyed this year of dance being on the performing team.  She has developed some close friendships and really looks up to the older dancers.  I'm grateful for their good examples.

 But mostly I'm grateful for these ladies!  They are fantastic dance teachers who help their students focus on modesty, self-esteem, and hard work.  I appreciate who they are and what they stand for!

On May 19th we were able to watch our Studio's End of Year Showcase.  It is so fun to see how far these dancers have come in just nine months.  I didn't get a picture, but we also had a special surprise because my Grandma Pingree was there with my Aunt and cousin.  My cousin's daughter was also dancing that day.  It was so fun to visit with them and I know it was a special treat for my daughter!  

She has a quick break for a few weeks and then she will start dancing again over the summer to get ready for next year's competition season.  She's eager to get together with the good friends she has made.

Our daughter was pleased to win 3rd place on her team's drill down competition held the last day of practice. 

What did we do to celebrate the end of dance?  We got ice cream/frozen yogurt!  It's starting to get really hot lately...it was great way to cool down.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to the graduates and the dancers and the shooters and the parents! You are all wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete