Saturday, June 27, 2009

First Swim Meet


This morning our two oldest competed in their first swim meet. They were a little nervous since they didn't know what to expect, but they both swam very well and really enjoyed the meet setting. Our second oldest swam the 50 freestyle and the 25 breaststroke. He got 2nd and 1st in his heats. Our oldest swam the 50 freestyle, the 50 backstroke, and the 50 breaststroke. He took 3rd, 2nd and 2nd in his heats.



On your marks, get set,


Go!









All done!


The rest of us cheered really loud and enjoyed the races!
Our youngest managed to entertain himself by throwing half of his banana into the deep end...right during a race, of course....they decided to fish it out after the meet. Yep, I experienced two contrasting emotions in a matter of seconds: pride in my swimmers and embarrassment at my banana thrower! I guess I needed humbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment