Friday, June 5, 2009

Cleaning Day

I have a daily schedule...it helps me keep my sanity. Certain days are laundry days, grocery days, etc. Saturday is cleaning day. After my morning run (which also happens to be scheduled), we all band together and clean our house. The older kids help with the bathrooms and vacuuming while the younger ones are in charge of picking up, straightening, and wiping smudges (kids create tons of those). I take over the kitchen, mopping, dusting, laundry, ironing and overseeing. It works well...we do have some grumbling, but the kids do tend to appreciate a clean house and they take some ownership in keeping it clean.



Recently we have made a change to our schedule. With my husband working crazy hours (11 hour days with a 3 hour commute) we have decided to make Friday our cleaning day. He usually has Saturdays off or at least partly off so that is our only play day with Dad. With our chores done on Friday we get to enjoy Saturday with Dad.



It is now 5:00 and all the chores are done...even the ironing and grocery shopping! The kids are out playing with friends and all of a sudden I am exhausted. I may have to go take a nap so I have some energy for our Saturday Play Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment