Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yes, I (C)an!

Our youngest is growing up so quickly! I am really enjoying this last year of having him home with me. I can hardly believe that he will be in kindergarten next year. We have been spending a lot of time learning his letters. He has learned 15 of them so far.

I have been hesitant to teach him the "k","c", and "g" sounds because he says all of them with a "t" sound. I know this is common for youngsters to have slight speech issues and that they eventually grow out of them, but I have been confused how to teach him the sounds when he can't make them. Fortunately, Chad's very awesome niece is going to school to become a speech pathologist and gave me some worksheets/exercises to do with him...and it has been great!! He can now make all three sounds and even though he still makes the sounds incorrectly most of the time when he is talking, he can differentiate when corrected and we are able to move forward. He is so proud of himself too, and just beams with pride because he is seeing and recognizing letters all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment