Monday, February 28, 2011

Nice to be Nine

This last week we celebrated our daughter's ninth birthday. It is hard to believe that she is that old!

Her wish list wasn't too long, but there were a few "age appropriate" gifts that she wanted: "Mom, I think I stink, can you get me some deodorant for my birthday?" I was a little surprised by such a request, because she doesn't stink, but it's not too early for her to learn good hygiene...and it was an easy gift to get her. She now religiously puts on her lady speed stick every morning...and feels quite grown up!


She also wanted a kit to make friendship bracelets. She has made several, but has discovered that they aren't easy to make and take a lot of patience (for the mom too! Ahhhh! When she makes a mistake somehow I'm at fault...but I am learning to be patient....wow, it's hard!!!)


For her birthday dinner date with her Mom and Dad, she chose the Pizza Factory. We had a lot of fun and spent the evening talking about third grade and our memories/teachers/friends. I think it surprised her a little to realize that once upon a time her parents were nine-year-olds.

Happy Birthday to our special daughter. You are our treasure and we love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment