Tuesday, February 15, 2011

In Response

Okay, this whole junior high thing is giving me a few (more) gray hairs! I was pretty nervous sending my innocent son into the halls of our junior high this year, but I think he has handled it pretty well, up to this point. I, on the other hand, have had to talk myself into being okay with having a teenage son. Right now I am silently freaking out due to some Valentine's notes that he received yesterday.

Rather than write a letter to this girl and her parents, a thought which I admit has crossed my mind, I have decided that I can't influence any girl that tapes heart-covered messages to his locker, I can only talk with and trust my son. However, IF I were to write a short letter to this girl, it would go something like this:

Dear ______,

The Valentine's day candygram that you sent my son was very thoughtful. Thank you. He was quite flattered. The notes that were left on his locker were also a nice touch. He is a cute (HOT) boy and kind too...that we agree on. However, I disagree that he is a "sexy beast." And no, he doesn't "want to kiss." If you are that set on kissing, however, I'm sure that you can find many who would like to join you. Good luck.

Fortunately our oldest is quite embarrassed by the attention and has no interest in this very forward teenage girl. For that I am grateful...however, I still feel like I have sent my young guppy out among the sharks!!

3 comments:

  1. And it begins! =) I would be glad he is not interested too...hopefully that lasts awhile longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed this! I'm just dreading the fact that Eryn will be THAT type of girl... Hopefully she'll go after boys who can handle her with parents who know how to say, "Back off of my son!" in a warm and understanding manner. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arg! I'd be scared. I get so nervous for that time of life. Luckily we have a couple more years. If I were a note writing kind of girl, I would have written one to your son. He is so cute as are all of your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete