Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break part II

At the end of the week, Dad joined us for a quick trip down south... to Sunny St. George. I got to run in my final marathon-qualifying race (so, it's now official- I'm in!!) I ran a 10k in Washington and took second with a new (post-college) P.R. 41:29.


I was a bit surprised at my time considering miles 4- 5 1/2 were one looooong hill.


But I felt great and I am pleased with the outcome!


We spent the rest of our weekend relaxing with our fun St. George cousins.
Our daughter got to spend girl time with her little sister cousin that she always wished she had.
The boys spent their time doing lots of boy things, like shooting BB guns,

watching motorcycle stunts,

playing with lizards,

and frogs.
And, of course, an Xbox 360 battle for the ages!!

We also enjoyed late-nights and sleep-overs...
not to mention our uncle's fine bbq,

our Aunt's tasty cookies,
and a gourmet buttermilk-pancake breakfast!




A special treat that capped our Spring Break week was getting to see some special Cedar City cousins.
We've missed these cuties...

and we're so glad to have them living close(r) again!


It was a fun reunion!


We also got to meet another Cedar City cousin...who is also our newest cousin @ two weeks old! He was sooo cute...

and we think his parents are too!!

















2 comments:

  1. Good job at taking 2nd, that is freakin' awesome!!Looks like you guys had a fun spring break! That picture of me makes me want to barf!

    ReplyDelete