Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Power Out

This week is our Spring Break! Our kids are thrilled to be out of school for a whole week!! We received a note taped to our door last Friday evening informing us that Monday morning at 8:00am the electricity in our neighborhood would be turned off. Something about needed updates to a growing system...and that it would be off for three hours. I was somewhat annoyed by the interruption to our schedule, but grateful that it was going to be Spring Break so it didn't really interrupt much. Monday morning came...when my alarm (forgot to turn it off) rang, I turned it off and slept in. I do remember wondering what my kids would do without any power, but I didn't worry too long because I soon fell back to sleep. I could hear them upstairs playing every now and again so I guessed that they found something to do....and then I sensed it. You know that feeling of many eyes looking right at you...a face in your face. Yep, I awoke to several sets of eyes in mine. "Look, Mom!!" A tooth in my face...one that had been yanked! "Look what we pulled out!" For the last hour that's how my kids had kept themselves busy.


Our Star Wars fan has now lost his first tooth!




So, should you ever have a dull moment when your power goes off, never fear! Your kids will find ways to entertain each other, even if it means pulling out each other's teeth. (Yes, it was loose, but just barely.) The tooth fairy arrived last night and now we are headed out to the dollar store to spend the hard earned/yanked cash!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha! Love it. He's cute with that tooth missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow! I can't believe he's that old.
    :(
    and I can't believe he let them pull it out.

    p.s. our power never did go out.

    ReplyDelete