Thursday, September 17, 2009

Older?



Today I am one year older. (I don’t know about the wiser part, that is still up in the air.) Now that I am older, VERY old according to my kids, I am recognizing little tidbits of wisdom. They just come to me in random moments of reflection….so I must be getting old. (Voices in my head??? Maybe I’m a little senile too, who knows). But here is one piece of wisdom that I have gained over the last year: I need to savor the moment in the moment…remembering is fun, but is kind of like warmed-up leftovers (still tasty, but lacking the true flavor). I think this is why I enjoy taking pictures so much…pictures give me this sense that I can relive the moment… or at least remember it better…who knows. Okay, now I am rambling...a definite sign of age!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Looks like you are having a fun moped ride. I don't think your old if it makes you feel better...and you don't look old at all! lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Loved chatting with you today. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete