Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

This weekend was busy and fun!



We started off the weekend by making five batches of salsa...I did mild, medium, and a special batch of extra hot for the hubby!

Labor Day morning we got up early and I ran in a local half marathon.


I hadn't trained much for it so I was happy to finish 6th overall and second in my age group (1 hr 40 minutes).



The kids were great cheerleaders once again. Our youngest even ran out onto the course to "help" me.

The two older boys participated in the kids fun run and took first and second place!


After a quick shower we headed up the canyon for our annual family campout.

We had fun in the dirt...


fun with cousins...


fun grillin' steak...

fun peeing on tires...

and fun in the stream.

It was a little cold!


We enjoyed a little jump-roping...



and a few games of volleyball.



Grandpa's dutch oven potatoes are always a hit!



We even found some friendly wildlife. (The snake got away!)
It was a great weekend, but probably the best part was the nap on Monday afternoon after we returned home!!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you guys had a blast! We wanted to go soooo bad but we couldn't find a primary teacher. I called 18 people! If we lived closer it wouldn't have been a big deal. Brad was looking forward to some good steak...Chad always gets the good kind! Maybe next year. Good job on the race! see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go on your race! that is so awesome!

    (I hear tires can get kind of hot -- so good of him to help with that problem!)

    ReplyDelete