Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My First

On Sunday my husband and I were sitting in church together. He started playing with my hair which felt great, but then I noticed he was picking my hair, like he was getting a piece of lint out or something... Next thing, he taps my shoulder and I turn to see him smiling with a slightly devilish look on his face. "You have a gray hair." He whispered it, but I think everyone around us heard! "No I don't!" So I quickly grabbed the culprit hair, which he was still holding, and I yanked it out. I laid it on my black skirt, and, sure enough, it was very gray...white even!! It started out brown on one end, but then half way it changed to a coarse, gray hair.



I'm still in denial...but slowly I have begun to accept the idea that I now have a gray hair. I had him check (at home) the rest of my hair to see if there were any other rogue hairs on my head, but he couldn't find any. I blame our youngest...he is definitely the cause for my one gray hair!! I just don't know that I'm ready yet...I suppose one is never "ready," but geesh that totally took me by surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment