Monday, October 22, 2012

Soccer, 25 years later

This fall I had the privilege of playing on a women's city-league soccer team.

 It was a lot of fun!  It has been about 25 years since I last played soccer and I was a bit rusty, but it was still a really fun experience.

 My husband's sister-in-law plays soccer regularly.  She's the one who asked me to come play.  I'm so glad I did.

 We weren't a great team, but we weren't a bad team either.  We played every Saturday for about 10 weeks and then participated in a tournament.

 The kids had fun watching and especially liked halftime because they could go play on the field.

 We lost our first tournament game, but then won our next two games to compete in the final.  We finished second in our division.

Here's our team (except two).  We are holding up our goalie...she was a great goalie with lots of saves.  Fun times!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad that I wasn't there to shout "Go, Jana Banana" at you. I loved your soccer playing 25 years ago! Where did the time go--said by this grandma!!

    ReplyDelete