Thursday, February 16, 2012

Intro to Music

The second day of January my parents arrived from Oregon. They were on a multi-purpose trip to take wedding pictures/attend a granddaughter's baptism/and pick up my Grandma for the winter. We were really excited for them to arrive...



because my mom promised the kids she would give them each their very first piano lesson.


I am so grateful to have a piano in our home!



My mom lovingly spent several hours at the piano introducing each of our children to the world of music.




She even taught them Great-grandpa Pingree's warm-up exercises. I spent hours listening to my Grandpa play the piano and I used to listen in on the hundreds of lessons he taught day after day his whole life. I love the legacy that he left!



A couple of lessons were given right before bedtime.




Thank you Grandma!!!





Our youngest feels so special because Grandma taught him how to play the Star Wars theme song.



Great-Grandma Pingree was there to tell her great-grandkids that she wants them all to learn how to play.



Our oldest was delighted that he got a guitar for Christmas. It is a treasure to him.




He especially loved the time Grandpa spent with him showing him the world of guitar. He is loving the guitar and is really enjoying this semester at school as he is taking intro to guitar.


1 comment:

  1. What lovely, lovely blogs you've posted!! I laughed and relived and it was so fun! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I need to get a picture printed of Dad fixing the "pot" to post in his bathroom!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete