Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Learning to Work

At the beginning of this summer our oldest two boys went around our neighborhood looking for lawns to mow...they found five people willing to give them a try. It has been a real blessing in their lives as they are learning responsibility, budgeting, and how to put work before play time.


To be truthful, it has been a little cramping to my weekend mornings (since I am the transportation), but I am finding that having them be able to pay for all their summer activities is worth the inconvenience! Between scout camp, swim team, summer games, youth conference, and all the required gear, the price tag is hefty.



It has been rewarding for them to earn their own money and they really take pride in the job they do...every time we drive by a home where they mow, the comment is "Mom, look how nice that lawn looks!"





I get to mow their lawns this week while they are at scout camp...lucky me!! They gave me detailed instructions and told me to make sure to do a good job...I hope I can live up to their expectations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment