Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Did It!

The marathon this last weekend was great!! After coming to terms in my own mind that I was just going to run the race to run it (without any expectations)...I was happily surprised by being able to run well.


I started out with a comfortable pace, was able to push the hills slightly, and by halfway I knew that I was on pace for a decent time. I just took it mile by mile and knowing the course this time made a huge difference come miles 20, 21, 22. I was really careful to stay hydrated and to use enough gel. I felt really good.

I never "hit the wall," but really felt strong all the way to the end. During the last mile I got really excited when I realized that I was really close to my goal time (the goal that I set months ago before all the setbacks). My time was 3:24:08...52 seconds faster than my goal time of 3:25. I feel so grateful and I know that all the prayers in my behalf played a big part in how good I felt. Thank you!!


The best part was seeing my family as I approached the finish line, being able to celebrate with them afterwards and then feeling good enough to spend the rest of the day living up the warm life in sunny St. George.

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I wish we could have seen you run by. You were too quick! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, I'm so glad the marathon went so well. Jeff was home so we went to get a load of wood and missed the race. I looked for your name in the paper Sunday but couldn't ever find it. Congrats on the good time. Sure glad it turned out good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana, way to go you're smokin' fast. That is awesome. Did you know Kariesa ran that race too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha- Thanks! Glad you got to spend the weekend with your hubby! Lucy- I looked for you, but there were soooo many people! Congrats on your good news!! Holly- I found out Kariesa ran it after I got home...sure wish I had known earlier. It would have been fun to chat awhile.

    ReplyDelete