Friday, October 15, 2010

Applesauce and Football

What have we been up to??? Good question. I enjoyed a week off from running after the marathon...time to heal and recover...and make applesauce. Our neighbor has a golden delicious apple tree that was so full of apples this year that some of the branches were nearly touching the ground. She was begging anyone to come get apples...and we gratefully obliged.


I love picking apples! These apples are so crunchy, sweet, and beautiful! We soon had four huge boxes full. We started making applesauce the next day.


It was a lot of work, but ten hours later we had 65 quarts of applesauce...and a very sticky floor! I think we are finally done with canning this year...oh, except we are picking our neighbor's tomatoes tomorrow while they are out of town...maybe we'll have a bit more salsa, we'll see.


We have also been enjoying the football season. We have a couple of season tickets to the BYU football games and we rotate who gets to go so everyone gets a turn. Last week this die-hard fan cheered the Cougs onto a victory (finally)!!


It is also that time of year to start thinking about Christmas gifts. If I start now, I can actually enjoy the season rather than be stressed out by it. I have several sewing projects I'm in the middle of...I have finished several as well. They turned out great too!! Can't put up pictures though, because the recipients might see them!

Here's a sneak peak of some other Christmas gifts I'm working on. We spent two and a half long hours up the canyon yesterday taking pics. A few turned out...but we may go up again next week to get a few more. I can do the individual pictures pretty easily, but getting five kids to pose just so...and at the same time is TORTURE!!!! For them and me!! I'm going to have to be more prepared next time...with patience and maybe a few tricks up my sleeve! Can you believe how big our oldest has gotten...he's growing like a weed! He turns 13 in a few days. Right now he is on a hunt with my husband and our second oldest. Hopefully they will return with pictures and adventures to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment