Friday, March 12, 2010

Back on Track

This morning a lovely computer technician (well, I don't know that he was lovely, but his computer-fixing skills were!) arrived, completely tore apart my computer with a million pieces everywhere, put a new part in, somehow put it back together (I had my doubting moments), and now my computer is alive and well once again! Our daughter has been anxious for me to post about her baptism which was last weekend, so here goes!
She started out the day by opening her very own scriptures and case. It's our tradition to give our kids their own copy when they are baptized. She was so excited to have them!
She got to wear to her baptism a very special dress. This dress is one of her cousins and it has been worn by almost all of the girl cousins at their baptisms. She felt special to be able to wear it too.
There was a cute group from our ward who were also baptized that day.
My dad was able to make it down from Oregon....we were so glad he was there! We were also glad that he snapped this group picture of our family!


This is her "Cinderella" dress that she picked out to wear afterwards. She especially likes the "poofy skirt."



We headed to Grandma and Grandpa's after the baptism for a delicious lunch of pulled-pork sandwiches and decadent salads like this one...

but we all saved room for pies! It was a very special day!

1 comment:

  1. Makiah is such a pretty girl! I am glad she had a good day. I still have my scriptures I got when I was eight. The food looked great as well!

    ReplyDelete