Friday, March 30, 2012

Down and Out

The last two weeks of February are a blur in my mind. We had a virus going around our family and somehow, I got it! I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise, but to me it was. It was a horrible waste of a perfectly good President's Day weekend.



But there's more: I was well just a few days when I got hit with another illness that knocked me down hard. A real doozie! I was so sick! There are a few days that I don't remember anything except laying on the couch. It may sound like I just want to whine about the misery I was in, but I have a different purpose. My husband, my children, neighbors, and good friends were so kind to me. Meals were brought, children chauffeured, teeth still got brushed, and laundry even was done. People really went out of their way to help and I am overwhelmed with the gratitude that I feel! Thank you! I am relieved to be enjoying good health again, but I'm glad that I can look back on that illness and remember all the love that I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment