Monday, March 21, 2011

Yearning for Spring

I am sitting at my computer right now watching the rain turn to snow and I'm wondering, when will the sun shine again?? It was so nice the last couple of weeks because we had some days when the temperature soared into the fifties and even one that reached into the lower sixties! I coerced my white legs into a pair of shorts on those days and went running in search of some color.

This last weekend I ran a race down in the land of the sun, although the sun wasn't shining too brightly there either. There was, however, abundant evidence that Spring had indeed arrived...green grass, flowers, blossoms, and yes, many runners with tan legs.




I, unfortunately, was not one of those runners! While I managed to run well and I enjoyed the beautiful Spring scenery with the red rocks as a backdrop, my legs just didn't quite fit in. I know that Spring can't be too far away, yet today as the snow blows in sideways, my confidence in Spring's arrival is shaken.

3 comments:

  1. You too?? We had a snow storm today as well. Hopefully spring will come soon for both of us! My legs could use a little sun as well. :D Did you run the Spectrum 10k? That route is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the Spectrum 10k...it was beautiful! Just a little chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana, how was your race? My parents were in St. George this weekend. I should have come along and jumped in the race with you. Then I would have had to keel over after about 5 miles since it's been a little difficult for me to run lately, but hey, we'd have fun for a while right?

    ReplyDelete