Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Revealed, part II

Okay, Holly, this one is for you!! It's not December 26th, but better late than never, right??
I made this fun race track for our youngest to entertain him during sacrament meeting. It folds up nicely and so far it has been a hit!


Here are few sewing projects I did for my sister's family. The crayon rolls were really fun and they go inside the little sacrament meeting bags...with paper and stickers to keep little ones preoccupied and quiet, hopefully. I made pillow cases for my nephew and nieces with their first initial in felt and a flirty apron for my sister. I also made aprons for my mom, grandma, and sister-in-law (in different colors).


I made more pillow cases for my own kids with their first initial (we couldn't have them getting mixed up)!



These are the pajama bottoms my kids received this Christmas Eve. They are fun because (thanks to my awesome neighbor and her fancy machine) they have the kids' names on their behinds! (Also great when I'm folding clothes so I can tell them apart!)





I made some BYU pillows for my kids...I made a template out of card stock and a ruler and then cut out the letters in felt and sewed them on before stuffing the pillow. The pillow is pieced out of jean squares and matches their jean quilts (coming up). My husband and I made two cool hat racks for my dad and my brother-in-law. It looks like it might have taken forever to make, but they were really pretty simple.





Since I had tons of jean pockets, I made a jean pocket purse for our daughter. She thinks it's pretty fun and it's the perfect size for all her little "treasures." I made the older boys some camouflage drawstring backpacks out of some of my husband's old pants and some rope. They turned out pretty good and some of the other kids have requested one too.







The kids each got a simple wallet and each of the boys got a pocket bag...to put all their treasures in!



Probably the funnest project was these sock monkeys. They are really easy and turned out really cute!





Definitely the most time consuming projects were these jean quilts. I made one for each of the kids (didn't get a picture of the one on the top bunk...too hard for me to climb up and get a decent picture!) My sister-in-law gave me a bunch of old jeans and my good friend gave me a bunch of jean squares that she had...so I had plenty of material! Our youngest's (the small one) quilt is fun because it is made of mostly pockets. I made a few matching pillows and new curtains that also match. I don't have a picture of the curtains because I still need to get curtain rods. All in all I thought the projects turned out cute...very time-consuming, but I had a lot of fun making them!

3 comments:

  1. holy cow! i am exhausted for you! all your projects turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my self-esteem just went down to the nothin's. Holy Cow!!! How did you ever get all that stuff done? It's all so fun too. I love the racetrack and know a few boys who would think that is the funnest thing ever. The crayon holders are cute, the quilts, the pillows, the pajama pants, everything. I especially love that their names are across the bums. You already were my hero, but now. . . . Can I hire you for next year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am really impressed with all of the things that you made. I thought the list would stop, but it kept going. You are a woman of many talents! I had one request for a homemade gift this year and I didn't even start. I got a sewing machine for Christmas last year. My husband has actually used it and I haven't. Thanks for sharing your projects. There are a lot that I would like to try someday!

    ReplyDelete